Friday, October 1, 2010

Worth waiting for…

So, I signed up to "blog" about 2 years ago and just haven't gotten into the whole writing thing. I don't know why, but I have the hardest time coming up with titles for my posts. I try and pick the first thing that comes to mind, because if I think about it too long, it could take forever! This title seemed fitting.

It seems like the most common time to start blogging is when you find out you're pregnant. What a great way to remember and share with all those who love you right? My intention was to start blogging once we were pregnant, but as most of you know….no such luck. This has been one of the hardest things I have had to deal with. Not knowing why is the hard part. I am a problem solver by nature, and if I only knew some way to fix it, I would. So, my plan was to pray. Just pray. God is the ultimate healer and knows us in and out. If there was an answer, it was that God would allow it in his time. Just recently, I was able to count 12 friends of mine that were pregnant. It seemed that when one would deliver, a few days later another would announce their pregnancy. While I was SO happy to share in their news, something inside me hurt. I really struggled with why it wasn't 'my time'. So I prayed some more. And… some more.

If you know me, you know that I am a 'baby person'. I cannot wait to have a baby. I want to experience it all! I love kids and would eventually like to have two or three. I have accepted the fact that it is all in God's timing. I am currently blessed to work part time as a nanny for Jack, although I don't consider it "work". I love this little guy to pieces, and his mom is expecting a baby girl any day!! I cannot wait to see Jack interact with his baby sister. He is such a well behaved kid. I have learned so much from Jack and his family. I will be thrilled to put it all to good use when my time comes! For now though, I will keep on praying and trusting God, for this is something worth waiting for!

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, I keep praying and praying that one day soon you will be blessed with a baby or maybe even twins. I was contiplating on telling you that I was pregnant again because I knew in my heart that it would truly upset you but then I thought about it and I knew you would be happy for me because you are my sister. I also know why God does things for a reason because I have been there and understand. So I know with all my heart he will make you a mama. I Love You! Katie

    ReplyDelete